Re: LVS Firewall Clustering

Subject: Re: LVS Firewall Clustering
From: Sebastien BRIZE <sebastien.brize@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 00:23:01 +0200
Hi,

A simple but expensive way is to use a couple of Routing Switches (L3/L4) and double-attachement switches using RSTP (Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol) for the Switches attachement and MRP (Metro Ring Protocol)
(or even RSTP) between both Routing switches.

RS1 ------ RS2
 S1             S2
FW1          FW2

RS1 and RS2 may be in different sites, and each equipment may have to power supply...
This much more expensive than a cable though... arf

Seb

Mark a écrit :

Yeah that would be a single point of failure though