Re: http auth and ldirectord

Subject: Re: http auth and ldirectord
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:59:58 +0900
On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 11:54:58AM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> Does ldirectord support http basic auth?

No I don't believe it does.

> The man page indicates not.
> If not, what's the best workaround where you don't have the option of
> excluding the load balancer host from the http auth restriction?

There is a perl module (ldirectord is in perl) to handle
http auth, so adding support should be easy enough. The main
reason that I left it out was that I had now way to test it.
Patches welcome. Access to a server to test http auth against
is also welcome. Both would be awsome.

--
Horms