RE: LVS-DR + ipvs_nfct does not work

Subject: RE: LVS-DR + ipvs_nfct does not work
From: "Dean Holland" <dean.holland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:48:36 +0800
>From the HOWTO document (http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/nfct/HOWTO.txt):

"The conntrack support is useful for LVS-NAT setups and
for non-NAT methods if forward_shared flag is used to allow real
servers to use the director as default gateway. By this way, we have
proper conntrack state updated in reply direction."

It will only work if the director is the gateway for the realservers. My
understanding of conntrack is a little rusty, but as I understand it the patch
lets IPVS place the entry in the conntrack table as a new connection
(SYN_SENT). If the SYN/ACK from the realserver doesn't go through the director
then the conntrack entry can't be updated to ESTABLISHED.

Regards
Dean