ipvs started failing

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: ipvs started failing
From: Daniel Bidwell <bidwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 27 Dec 2004 00:03:30 -0500
I have an IPVS server which is running linux-2.4.22 and ipvs-1.0.10 and
has been running in production for about 2 years now.  I run two
different virtual servers through it, a web registration service and
inbound email.

The mail server clients are running linux-2.4.28 with the hidden arp
patch.  They used to run on Intel hardware, but I have moved them to
Sparc64 hardware a week and a half ago.  After the move everything still
worked correctly.

We have upgraded the function of the mail servers by adding anti-spam
software to the machines.  When I tried to add two more sparc64
machines, (identically configured, the lvs portion stopped working and
it looks as if they hidden arp has stopped working on all 4 machines.  I
have even set the mac address of the lvs server in the firewall for the
virtual ip of the mail server.

I have started playing with noarp on a linux-2.6.9 machine, but while it
compiles and install correctly, the noarpctl modules gets errors
whenever it tries to access /proc/net/noarp.

I am a little baffled as to what might have changed for the mail
cluster.  The web cluster is still working correctly.  Any suggestions
of things to look for would be appreciated.
--
Daniel R. Bidwell       |       bidwell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andrews University      |       Information Technology Services