First message to mail list

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: First message to mail list
From: Alejandro Sánchez Marín <asmarin@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:30:55 +0100
Hello, my name is Alejandro Sánchez, i'm system administrator of EL project (http://enciclopedia.us.es), Enciclopedia Libre, fork of es.wikipedia.org.

Now i'm working on Sevilla University, on Spain. And i have some contacts with other spanish universities to get more host to join to my future LVS-Tunn ring.

We are planning to expand our system, for this reason we think LVS-Tunn are the best solution to our needs.

Basically our service are apache and mysql, a LAMP system. I think use LVS to control Apache farm and put mysql with replication out of LVS. For file system syncronization i dont know what network filesystem to use, perhaps a simple rsync throught ssh can be done. I only need to sync a image subdirectory on apache.

I'm reading all documentation about LVS that i get, but LVS-Tunn aren't explain clearly. Where i can find more information about LVS-Tunn? I have LVS-Howto, but information are very short.

I have some computers to make a test system with LVS, but i think LVS-NAT arent enough for me. Any sugestions?

I'm waiting for your replies, and excuse me for my poor spanglish ;P