Re: [Patch] Overload flag is not resetting

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Patch] Overload flag is not resetting
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 18:06:33 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Wensong Zhang wrote:

> While applying the patch to ip_vs_wrr_update_svc(), I see that maybe the
> following is a little bit better. :)
>
>       if (mark->cw > mark->mw)
>               mark->cw = 0;

        Good point, agreed, we should start from first server with
weight==mw

> After mark->cw is reset with zero, the server with mark->nw will be picked
> up for next new request, instead of the server with weight >= (mark->mw -
> mark->di).

        I see other dangerous problems. WRR (not checked other
schedulers) is not ready at all for dynamic changes of the
IP_VS_DEST_F_OVERLOAD flag, even for changes during edit where
mw does not take into account the overloaded flag (may be because
it can be dynamically changed).

        If a server becomes overloaded mw easily goes out of sync
with dramatic results: no dest found. What should we do?
Every time when we don't find dest and cw > 0 because
cw > mw_not_overloaed we should set cw to mw_not_overloaed and
repeat the search from cl at level cw?

> Cheers,
>
> Wensong

Regards