squid with ldirectord----------------

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: squid with ldirectord----------------
From: SUKHWINDER PAL <rec_engrec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:27:18 +0000 (GMT)
Finally we are able to implement two squid servers
with LVS-DR method .Now we are trying to implement
ldirectord to detect fail over of squids.If We use two
realserver as following :-

On director--------
VIP------10.11.151.24
DIP-------10.11.150.98

On Realserver1(Squid)-----------
RIP----------10.11.150.82
VIP----------10.11.151.24

On realserver2------------
RIP----------10.11.150.96
VIP----------10.11.151.24

Now as in LVS-DR the realserver is serving directly to
client and not through director.Then how can we
implement ldirectord on director to check health of
realservers.
We downloaded the "forward_shared---" patch & applied
it on director.Then we changed the default gateway of
realservers as DIP.And then we issued following
commands:-
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/forward_shared
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/DIP/forward_shared
Then we modified /etc/ha.d/ldirectord on the director
as follows:-
virtual=10.11.151.24:3128
real=10.11.150.82:3128 gate
real=10.11.150.96:3128 gate
fallback=127.0.0.1:3128
quiescent=no
scheduler=wrr
protocol=tcp
As on the man page of ldirectord service "squid" was
not there ,we have not defined service field.
After this we started all the services like
ipvsadm,ldirectord,squid on director & realserver
respectively.But whenever any of the  squid server
goes down its entry is not removed from the ipvsadm
table.And client connected to the failed server does
not get connected to the working squid automatically.
What could be the problem sir.