Persistence synchronization

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Persistence synchronization
From: Genos <subscluster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 17:22:16 +0100
Hi,

I've just installed a LVS test system with two directors (using
keepalived, also tried with heartbeat+mon) and two real servers running
Apache.

I'm playing with persistence and how directors synchronize connections
between them.

I've realized that persistence connections, that appear in the list of
connections in state NONE

TCP 03:01  NONE        user:0     vip:80  rs1:80

, although they also appear correctly in the backup director (so I
suppose synchronization works OK), it happens that when I stop
keepalived in the master director, this persistence information is not
used in the second director, and it sends the same user to a different
real server.

When doing a ipvsadm -Lcn in the second director, it shows two entries:

TCP 05:56  NONE        user:0     vip:80  rs2:80
(new user connection when backup director becomes master)
TCP 02:32  NONE        user:0     vip:80  rs1:80 (from master director
through synchronization)

and persistence from master director is not being used when the backup
director is activated.

And now the question.
Is persistence information replicated from master to backup? If it is,
why is it sending the same user to a different real server?

Thanks,

Valenti Jove
Genos Open Source, SL
http://www.genos.es