Re: IPVSADM hangs with SMP kernel ??

Subject: Re: IPVSADM hangs with SMP kernel ??
From: Sebastiaan Veldhuisen <seppo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 00:12:16 +0200
Hi Ritesh,

I have noticed the same strange behaviour this week. We have a master director with SLES 9 running 2.6.5 smp kernel with a hyperthreading processor. This machines locks up within a couple of hours. Our slave director has an identical software install (SLES9, install is with autoyast, PXE) and runs a p3 1300 non hyperthreading cpu and works without any problems!

I'm going to run a couple of tests with non smp kernels to see if this is the issue i'm facing.

regards,

Sebastiaan Velhuisen

Nielsen, Steve wrote:

We use ipvsadm on SMP kernels and it works (redhat7.3). What kernel version are
you having issues with?

Steve