Re: ldirectord action on failure

Subject: Re: ldirectord action on failure
Cc: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ramprasad A Padmanabhan <ramprasad@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 15:14:08 +0530
On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 11:38, Horms wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 11:48:35AM +0530, Ramprasad A Padmanabhan wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   We are planning to use LVS-DR for our smtp servers. Running ldiretord
> > on the Director I can poll my real servers if any of them is down they
> > would get removed from the directors ipvsadm table.
> >
> > How can I configure ldirectord to run some script if any on the real
> > servers is down
>
> Ldirectord doesn't offer such a feature at this time.
> It should be pretty easy to add, I would guess
> it should hook into _service_up() and _service_down().
> I am happy to consider patches to add this feature.

Thanks for the reply,
IMHO There is another feature that would be very useful , if ldiretord
could change the weights of the servers depending on some program
output.

For eg. In my case I am using LVS in front of SMTP servers , I can write
a script that can fetch the mailq from each of the smtp servers. I would
like to run a program , say every 10 minutes , and set the Real server
weights according to their current mailq

Do you have any inputs , If I were to write these plugins.
I would be happy to contribute

Thanks
Ram

Netcore Solutions Pvt. Ltd.