Adding a WIN NT machine to LVS setup----------------------

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Adding a WIN NT machine to LVS setup----------------------
From: SUKHWINDER PAL <rec_engrec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 14:36:28 +0100 (BST)
Hello sir,
Thanks for reading the mail.

I am using LVS with Squid Proxies( 3 Real Servers) with LVS-DR method.
Till now as all machines ( LVS as well as Real Servers) were of Linux. Now due
to new requirement I want to add WINNT Proxy server to the existing setup. I
had not worked much on windows.

My problem is ----How to solve ARP problem in windows-----

I mean to say in Linux Real Servers, to solve ARP problem I am using these
steps:-
First I will assign VIP to local interface  On Linux Real Servers
# ifconfig lo:0 VIP netmask 255.255.255.255

Then to Hide this VIP so that it should not respond to ARP requests from

Clients, I will download a kernel-2.4.20-31----.i386.rpm  from
www.ultramonkey.org and install it .
Now I will boot the system from this kernel.Then I will use--

# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/all/hidden
# echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/lo/hidden
 Now if I will give VIP as the proxy address in all the Client's browser
setting.
LVS setup is working very fine.

But in windows, How to Do this-----i.e. how to assign VIP to a local interface
and how to stop it from responding to ARP requests.

---Thanks--------

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your friends n family photos for
FREE with Yahoo! Photos.
 http://in.photos.yahoo.com