Re: Lvs and Trans-Proxy

Subject: Re: Lvs and Trans-Proxy
From: Con Tassios <ct@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 09:28:47 +1000 (EST)
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Bikrant Neupane wrote:

I think packets are accepted by the director otherwise there would have been
no hit to the Mangle rule at all.
It is just that the director is not forwarding packet to the real server
when ip_forward = 0.
It does forward when ip_forward =1 but also modifies the destination ip.

Don't know if this is relevant to your configuration, but with LVS-DR, squid realservers, standard 2.4 kernel on directors, I've had to use the following commands to make packets marked by fwmark 1 in the mangle table (transparent HTTP proxy connections) visible to LVS, as mentioned somewhere in the howto.

ip rule add prio 100 fwmark 1 table 100
ip route add local 0/0 dev lo table 100