LVS - interactive sessions HA

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS - interactive sessions HA
From: "Venkatachalam, Saravanakumar" <svenkat@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 11:22:51 +0530
Hello All,

We are testing LVS in our environment, we use LVS for interactive sessions like ssh and telnet.

In order to avoid singe point of failure we implemented HA using keepalived, when we tested the setup by bringing down the master LVS Director, the Backup LVS Director took over the control, but the interactive sessions (ssh/telnet) are getting terminated. Is this the expected behavior ?

Is there any HA solution for handling interactive sessions with LVS ?

note: We use Direct Routing (DR) in LVS.

Thanks in Advance !

regards,
saravan