please help debugging

Subject: please help debugging
From: "Randy Paries" <randy.paries@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 22:18:17 -0500
Hello

I have a LVS-DR setup with 1 director and 2 real servers

this setup has been working great for about 2 years. The last couple of days
, something is going on and I am not sure what it is or how to debug.

I will try to give you the symptoms

First i should mention that these are web servers, so basically all my
requests are http

For some reason lately one server seems to have way less http process than
the other. That has not been the case the last two years

I would do a ps -ef |grep httpd | wc -l on both real servers and they would
each have about 100 to 125 httpd's running

Well the last couple of days, one always has considerably more

eg: current snap shot

flanders:ps -ef |grep httpd | wc -l
     36

krusty:ps -ef |grep httpd | wc -l
    207

director:ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  www.mydomain.com:http wlc persistent 1800 mask 255.255.255.0
  -> local.krusty:http            Route   1      180        408
  -> local.flanders:http          Route   1      114        539
TCP  www.mydomain.com:https <http://www.unitnet.com:https>  wlc persistent
1800 mask 255.255.255.0
  -> local.flanders:https         Route   1      0          7

I am not sure if this is enough info to help, but i would be glad to give
any info needed. During the day when i am at max load krusty is getting over
run. , yet when you do a ipvsadm flanders has all this inActConn(like 1500)

Thanks for any help

Randy