Re: winnt proxy in LVS setup-----------------

Subject: Re: winnt proxy in LVS setup-----------------
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:48:52 +0900
On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 09:24:14AM +0100, SUKHWINDER PAL wrote:
> hello sir,
> With the kind support of this forum we had implemented
> two Squid proxies with LVS and it is working very fine
> from last few months.Now as per new requirement we
> need to add WINNT proxy in the existing setup.
> We had done following in the WINNT proxy
> machine---------------
> To solve ARP problem we had installed MS Loopback
> Adapter and then we had given the VIP ip address to
> this Loopback Adapter. Suppose VIP address is
>  VIP----------10.136.8.100
>
> And then we issued the following command:-
> route delete 10.0.0.0 mask 255.0.0.0 10.136.8.100
>
> Now on LVS Server we added the following lines in
> ipvsadm table:-
> ipvsadm -A -t 10.136.8.100:80 -p 600 -s rr
> ipvsadm -a -t 10.136.8.100:80 -r 10.136.2.12:80 -g
>
> Where 10.136.2.12 is WINNT proxy real IP address.
>
> But our WINNT proxy is not working through LVS whereas
> the Squid proxies are working fine through LVS.
> Independently WINNT proxy is working fine.
>
> What could be the problem sir.

As you are using LVS-DR, make sure that the WINNT box can accept packets
for the VIP are local. I belive this is done simply by adding the VIP
to the loopback adapter, I think there are instructions on this in the
HOWTO. Also, I don't think you need to handle the ARP problem, as you do
on Linux.

--
Horms