Re: Keepalived keeps forcing new elections despite priority not 255

Subject: Re: Keepalived keeps forcing new elections despite priority not 255
From: Con Tassios <ct@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 11:20:43 +1000 (EST)
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005, peter wrote:

I have two boxes that are also trying to be firewalls, load balancers and provide high
availability via keepalived.

Either box alone works, but if I have keepalived running on both they get into a non-stop effort to force new elections.

Both boxes are 64bit (x86_64 AMD Opteron(tm)) with a 2.6.12-gentoo-r4 kernel
running Keepalived v1.1.11 all compiled at the same time.

They seemed to work once for a bit, then started failing.
I suspect failed multicasting between them, but cant determine what traffic actually has to get passed on which interfaces when... (Other thoughts are uint8 vs int instances of priority in vrrp.c - I am on a 64 bit processor?
Configuration confusion - I'm a newbie at this.)

Sound like you may be blocking VRRP packets - 224.0.0.18.