LVS-NAT realserver and gateway

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: LVS-NAT realserver and gateway
From: Brett Elliott <brettelliott@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 01:25:14 -0700
Forgive my ignorance but I am more familiar with LVS-DR.

>From my reading it seems that you can set up a 2 network LVS-NAT
setup, with the realservers setting their gateway to the internal
director IP and things should work fine. But what if you want to
access the outside network after logging into your real server? Do
people set up a proxy on the director so realservers can access the
outside world(ie set your http proxy from the realserver to the
internal IP of the directory) that way? But then you'd still have to
have access to DNS so you would need DNS on your director.

Or do people set up a gateway on the director? Maybe you can have the
director point to a second gateway somehow?

Thanks,

Brett