Re: ipvs_syncmaster brings cpu to 100%

To: liuk001@xxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ipvs_syncmaster brings cpu to 100%
From: Luca Maranzano <liuk001@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:21:35 +0200
Hi Horms,

I've tried also Debian's linux-image-2.6.12-1-686 and the symptoms are the same:

- Load average fixed at 2.00
- Failover and failback works fine as in 2.6.11

the Sync Daemon get started with this command line:

$IPVSADM --start-daemon master --mcast-interface $IFACE
$IPVSADM --start-daemon backup --mcast-interface $IFACE

where $IFACE is the NIC of the hearbeat LAN on the Bcm5700. I've also
tried to use the Intel NIC but the problem is the same.

debld1:~# ipvsadm -v
ipvsadm v1.24 2003/06/07 (compiled with popt and IPVS v1.2.0)

Horms, I can live with this load average but I suspect that it is not normal.

Another option, just to say to have tried all ;-), is with Debian Kernel 2.4.27.

Really, is there some one on the list which is using this setup who
can report about this?

Regards,
Luca

PS: /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.40GHz
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 3402.741
cache size      : 2048 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm
pni monitor ds_cpl est cid cx16 xtpr
bogomips        : 6733.82