Re: How to install patch

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How to install patch
From: Todd Lyons <tlyons@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:53:21 -0700
Brad Taylor wanted us to know:

>>sysctl.conf is not a shell script, so the echo command is not going to
>>work in that file.  Try this:
>>
>>net.ipv4.vs.expire_quiescent_template=1
>This did not work either. Anyone know anything else I can try to force
>this setting after a restart.  Thanks.

Put in /etc/rc.local:
  echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_quiescent_template

But it should have worked where it was...
  unless...
The ipvs module wasn't loaded yet, which means that directory didn't exist
in /proc yet for sysctl to access it.
--
Regards...              Todd
when you shoot yourself in the foot, just because you are so neurally