health check

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: health check
From: sipieter nicolas <niko_2501@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 16:01:33 +0900 (JST)
Hi there,
i managed to get LVS running.. i'm quite happy.
i must say it's very interesting. i'm eager to stress on
some high connections context.

now the next step, i need to health-check my backends by
some url check. because there's some 3rd party app running
on top of the http server on my backend, sometime that 3rd
party app crash, while http port 80 still looks ok!

in this case despite the fact theport 80 looks ok, there's
no point to be redirected on that backend until that 3rd
party app(some java CAD software) have been restarted.

so... i need to check something like that:
doing an url test:

my.server.net/10.html
or:
my.server.net/20.html
or:
my.server.net/30.html
depending wich url test is successful, i'll need to
reconfigure LVS accordingly.

for example: if 10 and 30.html URL check return faillure,
and 20.html return OK, then i need to tell ipvsadm that
the order of server changed, or that some server died.. i
need to stop my clients to be routed on thoses servers.

is something like this is possible with LVS ?
i were thinking of some sheel script but maybe there's
already such facilities in LVS ?

thanks for your time.

Know more about Breast Cancer
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/pinkribbon/