Re: I need a sanity check :)

Subject: Re: I need a sanity check :)
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 10:25:16 +0530
On 10/31/05, mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm trying to design a truly redundant architecture to make sure that
> if power goes out in any node (be it LVS, SQL, webserver, or even the
> switch) or hardware fails or anything - it will have a secondary
> failover path built-in.
>
> Here's some basic diagrams I sketched up in Visio.
> http://mikehost.com/~mike/tmp/servers.htm
>

> I suppose that MySQL could use LVS no problem as well. On fail of the
> master, I'd have to do something to tell the slave it is now the
> master, so that it understands it needs to replicate back to the other
> server once it is up (unless I can setup a dual-master setup... that's
> another thing to look at.)

Hey ,

Why don't you do Mysql clustering means on the same server on which apache
is running you can do mysql clustering.With mysql clustering if one server
goes down the other is still available and when the server comes back it can
take the data from the other mysql data node.

Regards

Ankush Grover