Re: Fallback to apache on director with ldirectord

Subject: Re: Fallback to apache on director with ldirectord
From: ankush grover <ankushgrover1711@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 10:44:08 +0530
On 10/27/05, Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 02:02:04PM +1000, Guy Waugh wrote:
>
> [xnip]
> > virtual=10.0.0.1:80
> >         real=192.168.1.1:80 masq
> >       real=192.168.1.2:80 masq
> >         fallback=127.0.0.1:80 masq
> >         quiescent=no
> >         checktype=connect
> >         service=none
> >         scheduler=wlc
> >         persistent=600
> >         protocol=tcp
> >
> > When apache on the real servers is shut down, 'ipvsadm -L' shows that
> > the service has fallen back to 127.0.0.1:80 (as do the ldirectord logs),
> > but I can't connect to the service - it says 'connection refused'. I'm
> > trying to connect from my workstation, and the connection works fine
> > when apache on the real servers is up and running.
> >
> > When the service is in fallback mode, I can telnet to port 80 on
> > 127.0.0.1 from the director, and a 'GET / HTTP/1.1' with a correct HTTP
> > Host: header works, so apache on the director is answering requests to
> > 127.0.0.1 port 80. The problem seems to be that the LVS code isn't
> > handing the connection from my workstation off to 127.0.0.1:80 - it
> > doesn't in fact seem to be listening to connections at all.
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas on what I could try?
>
> As you have persistance set, you need to set
> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/expire_quiescent_template to 1
> Else persistance will continue to take effect
> for hosts that have connected within the past
> 600 seconds.
>
> --
> Horms

hey ,

I like to know one more thing.Only one parameter is needed in
/etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv4.vs.expire_quiescent_template = 1

I have given 2 more parameters in /etc/sysctl.conf

net.ipv4.vs.expire_nodest_conn = 1
net.ipv4.vs.secure_tcp = 3

and I get the error when I put the another parameter

error: 'net.ipv4.vs.timeout_finwait' is an unknown key

I wanted to divert the connections to the other real server when the first
real server goes down.

But the problem I am facing is that

The connections are diverted to the other real server when all the
connections with the first real server expires.

I am using FC3 .

Thanks & Regards

Ankush Grover