Re: lvs serving pop/smtp

Subject: Re: lvs serving pop/smtp
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 17:16:00 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 28 Nov 2005, [ISO-8859-1] François Chenais wrote:

Hello,

I wonder what's the best solution to install a cluster of mail servers SMTP and POP.

Delivering mail by smtp on many servers is easy but how about POP (or imap )?

people don't talk about it much here. Either it's a solved problem or no-one is doing it. I expect the main problem is keeping the realservers synch'ed - it's the same problem as LVS'ing databases. ie What do you do when a client deletes mail on one realserver, to ensure that you update all the other realservers?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!