Re: ldirectord stopped suddenly

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: ldirectord stopped suddenly
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 02:19:13 +0000 (UTC)
Leon Keijser <errtu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> checkport=3389
>> checktype=connect
>
> Well, i'm positive that the sudden stop of ldirectord is caused by these
> lines :|  since when i leave them out, everything works perfectly. That is,
> until there's a failure with one of the real servers and ldirectord can't
> put it out of service because it simply isn't running .. for some reason.
> I'm gonna see if there's some debugging that i can turn on.

ldirectord -d ...

If you are having problems with ldirectord crashing, then that is a problem.
I'd be very welcome of any information you can provide to help track
down the cause.

In the mean time, you might want to consider wrapping ldirectord in
a script that automatically restarts it if it fails. Or use
damontools. ldirectord comes with a configuration file for
use with daemon tools, though it was not my doing.

http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html

--
Horms