Re: weird huge increase of connections

Subject: Re: weird huge increase of connections
From: "Leon Keijser" <errtu@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:32:30 +0100 (MET)
> You're using persistence, which is probably a clue...

You're right. And i should've known it could be related to that.

> What does "ipvsadm -Lnc" tell you? That'll list the connections out so
> you should be able to see which clients[0] are causing you the problem.
> You can grep the output for "ESTABLISHED" and/or "NONE" to see the
> active and persistent entries respectively.

Yep. I saw 2 IP's that occur several times (okay, several hundred times)

> [0] bear in mind that they may not be *your* clients. This could in
> theory at least be caused by something rogue.

Unfortunately they are. And they are the linux-based thin clients i deployed
as a side project. Turned out that they were hardcoded to use one of our
domain controllers (which died yesterday night), and kept trying to connect
to the cluster.

> I'd guess you have a machine (or more than one) in your client base
> which is broken in some way. Which way I'll leave to you to find, but
> as these are RDP connections and the most likely clients are Windows
> machines...

Found them. Fixed them.

> Graeme

Thank you very much for the pointers. I was able to locate the problem and
fix it before anyone noticed :)

Thanks,

Léon