Re: poor man's LocalNode

Subject: Re: poor man's LocalNode
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:18:20 -0800 (PST)
On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Daniel Borca wrote:

After this page, should the client click on
any link, it gets bound to either DIP or RIP.
The client is not going through LVS anymore.

the client shouldn't have access to the RIP or DIP.
The webpages should all be on the VIP.

Recently, I was asked to NOT deliver full
load on serverA, but rather send a
"Service not available" page for all those
clients which were meant to get pageB.

The problem is: if serverB is really dead,
I can only store the "Service not available"
page on the Director; but it's already a
LocalNode.

you could tell them, that you need 2 realservers to do this

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!