Re: syncd

Subject: Re: syncd
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:59:52 +0100
>>template connection entries (used for persistent connections) are created if they are not available already on the backup node. >>Maybe I'm misreading it. I haven't used the synchronisation concept in years. Do you have any strange entries in your kernlog on either side?

I was only testing, but from what i saw is that things are going well except the persistent stat, on the master node i've set persitence of 60 Mon. and this was taken over with with the "NONE" state of 3.Min (looks like default) .

Indeed, from what I can gather, all connection entries created by sync messages will have the IP_VS_SYNC_CONN_TIMEOUT set, which is 3*60*HZ. One of the issue to consider is a possible DoS or replay attack, so maybe we chose this value because of that. I honestly do not remember.

What would your expectation be regarding the synchronisation behaviour? We rarely got feedback from people using it, so the more input we get, the better can this behaviour be adapted.

From the setup i noticed that syncd will only work
if i have the same node and real server config on the backup device with th VIP flagged down. Its not a big thing just want to tell ......

What do you mean by "VIP flagged down"? Of course you need to have the same config on each server, anything else would result in promiscuousness regarding the receiving kernel side.

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc