question regarding restricting access

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: question regarding restricting access
From: Patrick Ward <pward@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 15:48:10 -0800
Hello,
        Has anyone come across a situation where they wish to restrict
access to their individual web servers so that they can only be accessed
via the LVS server?  For example, say I had a LVS server called "jpl",
but I only wanted people to be able to access the back-end load-balanced
web servers via the name "jpl" and not directly using the name of the
back-end load-balanced web server.

This seems to be problematic as LVS rewrites the packets so that the
back-end load-balacned web servers have no way of knowing that the
packet went through the LVS server, but if there is a way, please let me
know.