Re. LVS NAT unidentified problem

To: LVS <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re. LVS NAT unidentified problem
From: Neamtu Dan <dlxneamtu@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:03:15 -0800 (PST)
I expect nothing is going to work with ethernet aliases in  2.6.x kernels.
There are scripts to run by hand to setup the  director for LVS-NAT in the
mini-HOWTO. You'll have to  change the lines that set up the VIP to use 'ip
addr add dev  eth0 VIP brd+ ...' (or something like that) instead of using
ifconfig to set up an ethernet alias. Read the section on  iproute2 in the
HOWTO (you can't use ifconfig anymore to see  the VIP)

  I finally did it, I've run the script manually and I found the problem. It
wasn't the ethernet aliases as you said, they work fine, it was about the
Iptables which weren't flushed.
  Thanks again for the indications. Dan