Re: DNS Zone Transfers

Subject: Re: DNS Zone Transfers
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 16:45:13 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006, Jason Harrison wrote:

Greetings,

I am using ldirectord-2 and in setting up dns I think there is a problem with
using both udp and tcp on port 53.  For example I can do dns lookups but I
cannot do zone transfers to dns slaves outside the cluster.  I had set up the
ldirectord.cf file like this:

if you're having trouble only with the udp transfers and the tcp transfers are going fine, I can't imagine this is a problem, but just incase...

Is the realserver, running on the RIP (since this is LVS-NAT), telling the client that it has the name associated with the VIP (and not the RIP)?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!