Re: samba question

Subject: Re: samba question
From: "J.Paechnatz" <jpaechnatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 14:03:30 +0100
Will McDonald schrieb:
We have a simple Samba share available on some systems sat behind a
pair of LVSs. The LVSs are running CentOS4 and the repackaged
Ultramonkey packages out of the CentOS Extras repository...

I would use SuSE/Novell Enterprise or Debian stable/testing with Ultramonkey.

The ldirectord.cf on the LVSs looks as follows...

# TEST SAMBA THROUGH TO DBVIP
virtual=192.168.24.45:137
        real=192.168.25.10:137 masq

ok. so you are running one "real" machine, but how could I handle 4 real samba servers in parallel?

as reading your other configs, I assume a 2 node hearbeat cluster for samba, running on the clusters ip address 192.168.25.10 ?

cu joh.