Re: adding another node without shutting down

Subject: Re: adding another node without shutting down
From: "Leon Keijser" <l.keijser@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:55:29 +0200
Yeah ... terribly sorry for my previous mail. Not reading the manual is ...
well, not very smart. So heartbeat v1 doesn't even support more than 2
nodes, so that pretty much answers my question. I guess that if i want to
switch to a 3 node cluster, i'll have to pick some point in time where i
shutdown the cluster and bring up the new one.

Anywho, the reason why i had to add another node was to switch the lvs's
from a vmware-esx box to a physical one. After a couple of months running
the lvs, i found out that vmware isn't the most ideal base for a cluster,
because once another virtual machine starts to take up alot of resources,
the rest of the virtual machines suffers from it. Resulting in alot of
failovers. But i'm looking in the wrong direction. I can just take the
secondary lvs node offline, replace it with the physical machine using the
same config, and place it back in the cluster again. As soon as that works,
i'll do a failover and swap the other.

Léon