timeout problem

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: timeout problem
From: "Matthew Story" <matthewstory@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:04:25 -0500
My System setup: 2 linux directors and 2  apache http servers.  I'm
trying to set up the system using Ultramonkey to do load balencing and
high availabilty and at the same time I would also like the apache
servers to be able to respond directly through the default gateway
(i.e. not through the director boxes) for better throughput.  To
accomplish this I have set up a lo:0 interface with the VIP of the
server on each of the real servers and made the default gateway the
default gateway of the LAN.  A simple ip sh command shows that the
lo:0 interface is up and running properly, adn that the gateway for
eth0 is (as it should be) the default gateway of the LAN.  The problem
I'm getting is that I can access the site if I connect to either box
through the real IP, and the boxes are also connected to the director
boxes, when I do an ipvsadm -L -n command I can see that both boxes
are connected and have equal weight.  When I try to connect to the
site through the VIP of the site it times out though.  I did a tcp
dump on port 80 of one of the real servers during an http request to
the VIP and found surely enough that a request from the box I was
browsing from had been made over port 80, which means that the
director boxes are forewarding the information to the real servers
properly.  But the request still times out.  I've checked the firewall
configuration and opened everything up, this didn't help.  I also
tried flushing the static arp table contents, again this didn't help.
Any other thoughts?
--
regards,
matt