Re: Connecting to the VIP from a NAT -ed realserver

Subject: Re: Connecting to the VIP from a NAT -ed realserver
From: Dan Sully <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:42:00 -0700
* Joseph Mack NA3T shaped the electrons to say...

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Dan Sully wrote:

What I'd like to be able to do is connect to the VIP+port from a realserver,
and have my connection be balanced to a realserver.

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.LVS-NAT.html#clients_on_LVS-NAT_realserver_contacting_services_on_VIP

let us know how it goes, not too many people have attempted it

Thanks. The suggestion by Jacob Reif is simple, and it works. However,
requests don't actually get load balanced, since you're just looping back to
the local machine.

The suggestion by Graeme Fowler with the mangle rule and lo:0 alias on each
real server appears more robust and is what I want to have happen,
unfortunately it doesn't work.

Trying that solution, if I have my ldirectord.conf set to 'gate', I never see
packets from the real server hit the local director. If I set it to 'masq', I
have the same initial issue - packets get sent to a real server, but because
the ack comes back from an unexpected src, the packet is dropped.

-D
--
<faisal> my life is collapsing to what will soon be NEGATIVE INTEGER degrees of
separation.