Re: Problem with fallback 127.0.0.1:80

Subject: Re: Problem with fallback 127.0.0.1:80
From: Arnd <m_list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 12:13:13 +0200
Hi,

thanks for helping.
Well, the connection "lynx http://127.0.0.1"; is working. But when I'm connection from the Internet to the public_ip I receive automatically an "reset" after the first "syn"-packet.

Whe webserver is listening on the localhost-device:

# netstat -ln
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address Foreign Address State PID/Program name
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:80            0.0.0.0:*

I suppose that lvs masquerades the access to 127.0.0.1:80 and no iptables are needed. Or does especially the fallback server need any iptable redirects?

While running tcpdump on the "lo"-interface I couldn't find any packets received by this interface.

Arnd

malcolm schrieb:
That config and result looks fine.
It says local because it is local and not masq'd...
are you sure your running apache locally and that it can respond to Internet based clients?