Do I need a kernel patch?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Do I need a kernel patch?
From: John Oliver <joliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:48:35 -0700
Since it looks like LVS-NAT may be problematic for my network, I'm going
to give LVS-DR a shot.  However...

cat: /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/hidden: No such file or directory
cat: /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/lo/hidden: No such file or directory

So I'm rounding up the noarp patch when I notice
http://www.ssi.bg/~ja/hidden.txt says:

"New: As kernels 2.4.26 and 2.6.4 come with "arp_ignore"
and "arp_announce" interface flags they can be used instead of
the hidden flag."

[root@garak src]# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_announce
0
[root@garak src]# cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_ignore
0

Do I want to leave arp_announce at 0 and make arp_ignore = 1 ?  Does
this mean I do not need the patch?