Re: HA LVS-NAT routing question

Subject: Re: HA LVS-NAT routing question
From: Brad Dameron <brad@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 11:18:51 -0700
On Mon, 2006-06-05 at 13:51 -0400, Chad Morland wrote:
> Perhaps I am overlooking something but I was wondering if it is possible to
> achieve an HA setup using LVS-NAT and heartbeat. If the relservers require
> their default gw to be the director IP then how does it work when there is a
> failover and the backup director takes over? How do the real servers become
> aware of the new director address?
>
> -CM

I am doing LVS-NAT but using keepalived to handle the HA part in a
active-active setup. The primary server is a 192.168.1.1 and secondary
192.168.2.1. So when one fail's it grabs the failed IP, then ARP's to
take control of it. I have had FTP sessions continue with only a small
burp and no loss of data. It should work similar with heartbeat, but
things like FTP might lose connection.

Brad Dameron
SeaTab Software
www.seatab.com