Re: keep getting split brain problem

Subject: Re: keep getting split brain problem
From: malcolm <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 12:44:17 +0100

jiang,

If you plug in a null modem cable for the heartbeat it will resolve the issue,
in order for a ping node to work the heartbeat must still be active,
you can't do it just over Ethernet or you'll get a split brain.
I think :-).

Jiang wrote:

ping 10.226.200.254
respawn hacluster /usr/lib/heartbeat/ipfail

I am running web servers on both nodes for testing purpose.

When I disconnected network cables from node 1, I noticed that node 2
became active. But when I restored network connections for node 1, it
failed to go back to be slave, ipvsadm -ln shows on both nodes are like:
Malcolm.