Re: LVS-NAT and policy routing

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT and policy routing
From: David Black <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:49:08 -0500
Referring to an older version of the NFCT patch, Ken Brownfield says in
the LVS HOWTO: "I pulled out the route_me_harder() mod and created the
attached patch."  So the Brownfield patch is a derivative of the NFCT
patch in the first place.

And here's a comment from the NFCT patch I used:

/* For policy routing, packets originating from this
 * machine itself may be routed differently to packets
 * passing through.  We want this packet to be routed as
 * if it came from this machine itself.  So re-compute
 * the routing information.

For a kernel so patched, that functionality is enabled by
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/vs/snat_reroute

Seems to work for me.

Dave