Re: Persistent connection synchronisation

Subject: Re: Persistent connection synchronisation
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 13:06:08 -0700 (PDT)
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006, Paul Pech wrote:

Hi,
Here are my configuration details:

thank you for the complete explanation.

As one can see, states are being synchonised, but the entries in the
'expire' column differ,

only enough info is passed to the backup director for it to take over the session. The timeouts will start up again
in the new session.

The question is: Is this the intended behaviour of connection
synchronisation in the 'persistent case' or am I doing something wrong?

not sure what it's supposed to do, but this is a reasonable way for it to work.

If lb1 goes down and lb2 takes over, lb2 will no longer necessarily
route connections coming from 10.0.0.0/24 to RIP 10.0.0.154 (web2), but
it could also choose web1.

yes, lb2 is starting a new session - it can do what it likes.

So, am I right if I believe that:

- Only connection states (ESTABLISHED, FIN_WAIT, NONE...) are
synchronized from lb1 to lb2

I thought only established connections were transferred.

I have tried to issue the command 'ipvsadm -A -t 10.0.0.222:80 -s lc -p
3610 -M 255.255.255.0' on lb2 before starting the backup synchronisation
daemon on lb2, but this does not change the entries for expiration times
on lb2.

don't know what's supposed to happen there.

Is there a way to synchronize expiration times on lb1 and lb2, or is
there a way to tell lb2 what expiration times to use?

I wouldn't expect so.

I take it that your setup is working and you just want to make sure that you understand it?

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!