Re: Lost packets and dead/warntime

Subject: Re: Lost packets and dead/warntime
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:19:46 +0200
Uhm, could you please try to explain to me why i now get +100 lost packets
in less than 12 hours? :)

regards,

Sebastian

On 8/17/06, Sebastian Vieira <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/15/06, Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Stop your eth2 NICs from autonegotiating with the appropriate driver
> options in modules.conf, modprobe.conf, /etc/modules or whatever your
> distro uses. If they're 100 meg cards, force them both to 100BaseTX-FD;
> for gig cards force them to 1000BaseTX-FD.

Does it matter that i compiled the nic drivers in the kernel, or should i
load them as modules? I have now set them to the correct speed and set
autoneg off, using ethtool instead of mii-tool.

You mentioned real-time :)  I changed the autonegotiating setting and the
link apparently dropped long enough to cause a failover. Luckily this wasn't
the production LVS :D

Graeme

It looks like this was the problem. Still not all connections are being
transferred to the backup node upon a failover though. I don't suppose
there's a percentage of connections that is guaranteed to sync correctly, is
there? (for example: of 100 connections, about 80 of them should sync
properly)

Thanks for your help so far!

Kind regards,

Sebastian