Re: Using SNMP for connection metrics

Subject: Re: Using SNMP for connection metrics
From: "Joseph T. Duncan" <duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:19:04 -0700 (PDT)
hi,

Presently I collect CPU, Memory in USE, and Network traffic statics from my windows terminal server "real servers" via snmp. I toss this information into an rrd database for makeing pretty graphs along with usage parsed from lvs stats. Finaly I take the CPU and Memory stats and use them to adjust my weight tables. My script for doing this is still in its infancy as I am getting stuff ready for this fall term, but it should be fun to see how it all works out.

the script is in its infancy. I still need to finish up lots in it, and more refined decision makeing. Add more output. Add in keepalive stuff before snmp stuff so snmp stuff doesnt barf. etc etc etc its just a rough example ;)

-joseph
Info:                           Email:
Joseph T. Duncan                duncan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Student Computing Facilities