Re: Simple if slightly pointless question...

Subject: Re: Simple if slightly pointless question...
Cc: malcolm <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:01:47 +0900 (JST)
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 08:36:14 +0100, malcolm wrote:

> What the maximum setting for the persistence timeout?
> The Docs say its unlimited but I don't believe that :-).

ipvsadm may have some other limit due to signdness issues and the like.
But in the kernel it is stored as an unsigned int, which represents
seconds. So any value between 0 and (2^32)-1 seconds is valid, which
is potentailly a rather long time.

> Does TCP have some constraints that would effect this?
> For example is their a restriction on the length of a Telnet connection
> or could it go on for a year?

I don't think there are any TCP (or other) constrants that would affect this.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/