Re: LVS-DR problem with Red Hat realserver

Subject: Re: LVS-DR problem with Red Hat realserver
From: "Vittorio R. Tracy" <vrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:00:41 +0200
On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 18:55 -0700, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2006, Vittorio R. Tracy wrote:
>
> > $ telnet xxx.xxx.134.150 25
> > Trying xxx.xxx.134.150...
> > telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: No route to host
>
> http://dennis.mack.net/WWW//LVS/LVS-HOWTO/mini-HOWTO/#connection_refused
>
> This is one of the silly ones, when you;ll go "doh"
> afterwards. I don't know what your problem is though. You've
> covered most of the bases with the description you've given.

I have a feeling it is something small, but am running out of things to
try to fix it and ways to trouble shoot it.

> On the realserver have you done
>
> telnet VIP:25

Yes I can connect from the Realserver to the Virtual IP.

I tested the connectivity to the VIP by removing the IP from the
Director, clearing ARP on my router, and un-hiding the IP from on real
server. I could then connect from the Director and a client to the VIP.
ARP on the client on the same network segment and ARP on the router
changed to the Realserver Eth MAC.

When I re-set arp_ignore/arp_announce on the Realserver, cleared ARP on
my router, re-added the IP to my Director, ARP updated to the Director
Eth MAC but I get the same behavior as before.

I checked the Realserver 'iptables -L' and 'iptables -L -t mangle'
listed no rules, and the iptables service is not started at boot. My
Realserver has the following set:

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward =0

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/accept_source_route = 0
(I tried setting all to '1' also with no effect)

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/rp_filter = 0
/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_ignore = 1
/net/ipv4/conf/lo/arp_announce = 2
/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_ignore = 1
/net/ipv4/conf/all/arp_announce = 2

Are there any more network related kernel settings that may be affecting
the packets sent from the Director to the Realserver?

Any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

Thanks for your help.

> Joe
> --
> jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
> generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
> Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!
---
Vittorio R. Tracy <vrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>