New system, higher active connections?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: New system, higher active connections?
From: "H. Wade Minter" <minter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:57:55 -0400
We just moved our primary load balancer from an ancient Dell PowerApp 120 running Red Hat 7.3 to a newer Dell PowerEdge 750 running Fedora Core 5. However, we're noticing something weird.

Where before, we were seeing Active Connections in the 1-4 range even during normal usage, we're now seeing them in the 12-16 range on average. We've got the same weighting on the new server as we did on the old.

Does anyone have any ideas why we might be seeing such a jump on this newer system?

Thanks,
Wade