Re: ldirectord appears to cause iptable traversal issue

Subject: Re: ldirectord appears to cause iptable traversal issue
From: Brian Jenkins <bjenkins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:51:39 -0700
Joe:

Yes I have. And absent the inclusion of Ldirectord, the system firewalls and load balances very well. Its when I add Ldirectord that the INPUT chain traversal path gets weird. Specifically, I can match the packet when doing logging, but when I try to accept it, using the same matching fields, the packet appears to jump to the end of the chain. It's the strangest thing. One thing I didn't mention in my earlier email is that I have not patched the kernel to take advantage of state matching in my firewall script. But, the articles you mention don't seem to indicate that it's a requirement for doing firewalling/load balancing/monitoring.

I really appreciate your feedback as I've been working on this night and day for over a week, and I really want to use these technologies.

Many thanks.

Brian