RE: lvs sync, unusual load

To: "'Horms'" <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: lvs sync, unusual load
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Dean Manners" <deanm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:10:01 +1100

Load goes up at a slow, but consistent pace as soon as I:

director01:~# ipvsadm --start-daemon=master --mcast-interface=eth1
--syncid=0

Top doesn't even register ipvs_syncmaster in its top 20.  However Iv noticed
the process is in 'D' state according to ps.  From man is; "D
uninterruptible sleep (usually IO)."

director01:~# ps ax |grep ipvs
20212 ?        D      0:00 [ipvs_syncmaster]

Is this consistent to your systems ?

After stopping the daemon, without a reboot, the load slowly drops back to
0.00~
director01:~# ipvsadm --stop-daemon=master

Have tried mcasting off both eth1 and eth0 - same symptoms..

Regards
Dean Manners