Re: Problems with IPVS

Subject: Re: Problems with IPVS
From: "Mindaugas" <mind@xxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:02:58 +0200

 How are you? Successully recovered laptop?

Pretty busy and preparing to leave for Senegal in 2 weeks.

 Wow. Business trip or something else?

 Can take a look once more into this problem? ;)

I did at some point, but was unable to find something directly indicating a solvable issue. I would need to sit in front of the system and check the routing cache, socket status, connection tracking or LVS state tracking and gather proper tcpdump samples that are comparable.

 We can organize this. ;)

There's not so much a difference. I've tried to generate gnuplot graphs from the sample to see a visual difference but time ran out and with it my interest :). The segment size and time sequence graphs are the only ones which are interesting. My findings are all at:

 From my point of view the visual difference is that after web server
sends data packets and then FIN Nokia phone acknowledges those packets and
connection is closed. SE phone though acknowledges some previously ackowledged
packet (ethereal shows this as DupACK). web server then resends data but it
does not pass through LVS-NAT.

 Mindaugas