Re: Limit

Subject: Re: Limit
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:45:30 +0900
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 08:39:51AM -0200, Gustavo Mateus wrote:
> Hi Horms,
>
> How can I implement in user-space? Do you know which tool is best for my
> problem?

keepalived and ldirectord are two pieces of code that inplement this
kind of feature. I am not sure if they offer exactly what you need.  But
they would be a good sarting poing.

In any case, what I was trying to say is not that user-space tools exist
to solve every aspect of this problem, but that that is where the
development work should be done (IMHO). If people think it really
should be in the kernel, I am more than prepared to listen.

If you decide that ldirectord is a good fit for you and you have some
changes you would like to see, I am always happy to look at paches or
talk over changes to that code which I currently maintain.  That is not
to say ldirectord is the best solution for everyone, just the one I work
on :)

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/