Re: How to NAT The FTP-DATA Connection?

Subject: Re: How to NAT The FTP-DATA Connection?
From: Horms <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 14:00:03 +0900
On Tue, Dec 26, 2006 at 06:20:29PM -0800, Robinson, Eric wrote:
> I'm content to load ip_vs_ftp from rc.local. However, for the sake of
> posterity I'll follow up on Horms' comments... :-)
>
> >An old version of ipvsadm?
>
> That seems likely. ipvsadm -v says...
> ipvsadm v1.24 2003/06/07 (compiled with popt and IPVS v1.2.0)

Unfortunately, due to a releaes procedure that is beyond my control,
it seems that ipvsadm has been released multiple times with
the version 1.24. Indeed, the version only seems to denote
that it is the ipvsadm that works with the 2.6 kernels, or perhaps
an revision of the ABI, rather than a release of the utility itself. Grrr.

Fortunately, there is also a date there. Which is (should be?)
set to the date of the release (not the date of compilation).
It seems that the auto-insert patch was first posted on the 9th
of October 2003, which is somewhat after the 7th of June (or 6th of July?)
that year.

http://www.in-addr.de/pipermail/lvs-users/2003-October/009866.html

So assuming the release date is correct (give or take a month or so),
yes it seems that your ipvsadm is too old to auto-insert ip_vs_ftp.

--
Horms
  H: http://www.vergenet.net/~horms/